What is Made in the Shade?
Made in the Shade is a non-competitive event to raise funds for non-profit agencies serving people with disabilities. Just register and gather pledges. Then, lace up your athletic shoes, tune up your bike, wheelchair, or stroller and join us on September 21, 2013, at Thomas Beach on Lake Calhoun. You’ll receive a T-shirt, snacks, and post event lunch and entertainment.
Saturday, September 21, 2013
Registration Starts at 9:30 a.m.
Walk, Run, Roll shotgun starts at 10:15 and 10:30 a.m.
Thomas Beach, Lake Calhoun
This event helps to provide funding for the programs and services of:
- Ally People Solutions
- Choice, Inc.
- Community Involvement Programs
- Highland Friendship Club
- Homeward Bound
- Opportunity Partners
- Partnership Resources, Inc. (PRI)
- The Phoenix Residence, Inc.
- TSE, Inc.
- Wingspan Life Resources
Your Support Will:
- Provide education, social opportunities and advocacy for people with disabilities
- Help people with disabilities get and keep jobs in the community
- Help people with disabilities find safe, affordable housing
Music provided by: The Moss Piglets
The Moss Piglets are an oldtimey/bluegrass band that has a twist or two. They have provided entertainment for the Made in the Shade event since 2004.
On the web: www.mosspiglets.com